Monday, January 23, 2012

Card for Dylan.

I think my second Resolution is to make cards this year. I am a scrapbooker and have a ton of stuff for creating but never give cards..... So, this is my second attempt at a card this year. My son has an upcoming Birthday in just a couple weeks. I am prepared this time:)

For this card I used a standard rectangle card and envelope in white. I cut the leaf paper to fit the front. I don't know the manufacturer of the paper as, I buy lots off of eBay and not everything has a name on it. Then I inked around the edges with a Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink pad in aquamarine. I then stamped the Owls  from Hampton Arts Mini flip stamp book on white card stock. I colored them with Copics markers: YR18, E57, Y17, YG6, Y28, Y000, Y02, E53, YG95, B24, G17, and GY95. Then, I cut them out. I tried to make the owls pop just a bit. I also, used pop dots to raise then up. I then stamped the legs on the paper. The fence is from this same stamp set. I stamped on white card stock with Creative Living Ink dauber in Toasted Almond. I cut it out and used a Zig pen to add lines and make it stand out a bit more. For the banner I used The Twinery's Cappuccino twine and cut tags out with the Slice Basic Shapes 1. I inked around the edges with the Artichoke ink dauber and then used the leaf border from the stamp set to make the leaves with and Ebony dauber. I cut the rectangle piece of Kraft card stock out the rounded the corners with a corner punch. Inked the edges and added a piece of Craft Essentials Rick rack in Moss. For the inside I used a Studio g stamp ($.97 at Wal-Mart) and colored this Owl with the Copics too. Both of the sentiment are from the owl mini flip book of stamps.

I did learn a interesting little fact, Hampton Arts makes the Studio G line..... I love the OWLS:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Plan With Me Recollections Planner Ft: Mint Leaf Prints, The Polka Dot P...

This week in my Recollections Planner I used the last of my summery kits. This Citrus Garden kit by Mint Leaf Prints is so pretty. I love th...