Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Anniversary Card

To celebrate our 15th Wedding Anniversary I made this quick card for my husband. I only had about a half hour between cooking supper and baking cupcakes. He liked it. I guess that is what matters:)

I used a standard 7X7 red card. Just something I have picked up at a yard sale you got in a lot off of Ebay. Then I took Darice 5/8" Ecru Beading Ribbon and cut to length and "painted" it on with Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive. Love this glue! Dry quick and clear and adds a bit of shine. The ribbon is held on really good. It did warp the paper a bit, but a quick ironing can fix that. Then I took white card stock used a border punch and inked the edges with black ink. The stamp is Stampology, Between The Lines. I colored it in with Copic markers: R29 Lipstick Red, 100 Black, and BG45 Nile Blue. Then I tied a bow with The Twinery's Caribbean twine. A piece of black ribbon with white polka dots finished it off.

I wish I would have had more time to fancy it up a bit. But being for a man simple is probably better. I really did like the ribbon backgound and wanted to shared that with you:)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Vannessa! What a sweet Anniversary card! Lovely background with a nice stamp. Your husband will absolutely love it

    ReplyDelete

Plan With Me Recollections Planner Ft: Mint Leaf Prints, The Polka Dot P...

This week in my Recollections Planner I used the last of my summery kits. This Citrus Garden kit by Mint Leaf Prints is so pretty. I love th...